My work as an IABC-award-winning communications consultant builds on my nearly 20-year career as a journalist, formal training from BCIT in management, public relations, marketing and social media, plus my experience as a senior communications consultant in the health sector.
My experience in the Canadian media provides clients with an edge: access to industry knowledge, wide networks, sharp news judgment and creative, engaging copy.
I have a deep affinity for the not-for/non-profit sector. As a news reporter, I’ve written regularly about BC non-profits. These articles are the basis for my 2014 ebook, “BC Without Borders: 50 British Columbians Leading the Fight Against Global Poverty.” In addition, my volunteer work as communications manager for the BC charity Grace Rwanda attests to my passion for social justice and international development.
My professional consulting services include:
• Developing and executing integrated communications and social media plans
• Managing social media and producing content for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs
• Revamping and updating web sites to provide engaging messaging and interactivity
• Creating publicity materials: press releases, backgrounders, newsletters, fact sheets
• Developing multimedia resources: photo galleries, videos, slideshows, podcasts
• Strategizing new fundraising opportunities, coordinating crowdfunding campaigns
• Liaising with the press and the public to promote organizations and events
• Analyzing and presenting best practice/strategy seminars to management