My work as an IABC-award-winning communications consultant builds on my decade-long career as a journalist, combined with training from BCIT in public relations, marketing, and social media and senior communications consultant roles in the health care sector.
My experience in the Canadian media provides clients with an edge: access to the industry knowledge and connections essential for truly effective messaging.
I have a deep affinity for the not-for-profit and non-profit sector. As a reporter, I’ve written regularly about B.C. non-profits. These articles are the basis for my 2014 ebook, “B.C. Without Borders: 50 British Columbians Leading the Fight Against Global Poverty.” In addition, my volunteer work as communications manager for the B.C. charity Grace Rwanda attests to my personal passion for international development.
My professional consulting services include:
• Developing and executing integrated communications and social media plans
• Managing social media and producing content for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs
• Revamping and updating web sites to provide engaging messaging and interactivity
• Creating publicity materials: press releases, backgrounders, newsletters, fact sheets
• Developing multimedia resources: photo galleries, videos, slideshows, PowerPoints
• Strategizing new fundraising opportunities, coordinating crowdfunding campaigns
• Liaising with the press and the public to promote the organization and its events
• Analyzing and presenting best practices and strategies to management and directors